Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Ali Locket


This is my favorite of all of my lockets... This is just a piece of my story, however so near and dear to my heart, but I am going to share it with you, today.

When I was 15, I fell in love with a boy named Wesley. He was funny and sweet, sports crazy... Well, I knew he was "the one", so things happened and then he ended the relationship to date someone else. My first heartbreak. I was crushed. There are days when I am still crushed, but that's only because a part of me lives on. Just a little while after he broke up with me, about 6 weeks, I had a miscarriage. And, to tell you the truth, I didn't know, fully what was going on at the time and I wish I would have. 

If I had known, I would have told someone and gone to a hospital. But, I didn't. It was just me. 

Fast forward 13 years later, I am sitting in a therapist's office, explaining all of this to her and she suggests I give my child a sex and a name. She thought maybe that would bring closure and I could grieve in a healthy way. Well, when he and I were so young, we talked about everything, including what we would name our kids... I named her Allison. I call her Ali. To me, she is the wind, the birds, the clouds, but more than that, she is a butterfly, flitting from one flower to the next.

She is long gone, but never forgotten. That is just one of the many reasons I love Origami Owl. It reminds us all that we are human and we have made mistakes and gone down the wrong path... But sometimes we are blessed beyond measure. Now, I carry Ali with me, as I did for that brief time when I was just a child, myself. But, this time, I do it proudly and I can't wait to meet her some day.

But, for now, I think I'll just go sit and wait for the butterflies to make their appearance. 

It may be a personal story, but Origami Owl can bring that out of you. Or, you know... it can just match your outfit for that day. Lol.

LOVE Origami Owl! 

By the way, that is the "I love you to the moon and back plate on the back and the pregnancy and infant loss ribbon, in case you were curious!

Love you all!
Jessica Starwalt, Origami Owl Independent Designer #12588973

jstarwalt.origamiowl.com

No comments: