Monday, January 5, 2015

Uniquely YOU!



Hello You!

Do you know that, like a snowflake or a fingerprint, you are unlike anyone else?  You have been given a mission and gifts in the life you live that are unique only to YOU. 

I am.... strange. And, isn't that a beautiful thing?! I have a disorder that most people don't have that allows me to understand and be empathetic to those who feel like misfits. I am thankful for that. I feel like I was not born to fit in. I was born to stand out, just like every other misfit!  For a long time, I looked at it as a bad thing. Now, I see it is a blessing in disguise. 

My "difference" allows me to think differently and to see everything from separate perspectives. It allows me to keep my mind wide open. It allows me to write books and create characters. It allows me to draw, when I didn't know I could. It lets me help and protect other people who feel like they are without a voice, or who have one but are too afraid to use it. 

I know my mission in life is to be an advocate for mental illness/health. It is my job to help with abused children and broken adults. That is part of my story.

What is your story? Do you know your mission? Your life is not for you. It is for others. You are here for others and other people are here for you. God gave us all different talents and desires in order to be a light in this ever darkening world.

What can YOU do to help others today? Better question... What are you WILLING to do? You can't just want to help, you have to take action. Even if it's to send a letter to someone telling them you're thinking about them or asking how someone's day is going and REALLY listening to them. 

Be the you that you were born to be. Live and own YOUR story because only you can. Your flaws, mistakes, problems, diagnoses, disorders, fears, anxiety, faults, failures, brokenness and guilt are all part of your story. OWN THEM. If you can find it in your heart to own them, you can turn those things into love, compassion, hope, fearlessness, triumph, victory, satisfaction and joy in yourself and others. Own your story. It's the only thing you have that NOBODY can take away. It is all yours and it's beautiful, no matter how many "failures" are revealed inside. 

After all, Failure is a PART of success. You just have to keep getting up and learning to love your unique experience and sharing it with others. 

Live. Learn. Love. In that order.

I love you all because I have a journey where I have fallen down and gotten back up.

I would love to hear about your story. Please email me with your triumphant victory or how you plan to be triumphant in your journey and I will share mine with you.

jessica.starwalt@yahoo.com

If you know someone who needs to know they matter and their story is important, feel free to tag them however you can and share this with them.

Life is fleeting. Make a difference.

Jessica Starwalt

jstarwalt.origamiowl.com


No comments: