Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Make The World BETTER!

I am so EXCITED that Spring is on the way! Now, there are birds chirping and there is rain, instead of snow. Yesterday, when I took my dogs outside, the first thing I smelled was a neighbor grilling steaks and I thought... MAN, I should be friends with THEM! Haha. We still need to buy our grill. We love it!

Anyway, as far as Origami Owl goes, this is so EXCITING! Bella is in the corner, you know her, I'm guessing. If not, she is the one who started this whole journey because she wanted a car for her 16th birthday and her parents told her she should get a job. So, at 14, she started Origami Owl. She is multi-talented and so down to earth. I am thankful, every day that she did this because I get to follow my doctor's orders and stay home, while still being able to make some money and live for others. I love people and I love to make a difference in the lives of others.

I am now focusing on MY goals. I knew my "WHY" I started selling Origami Owl was because I wanted to help people and I have the privilege of doing that EVERY SINGLE DAY. That is worth it for me, all by itself. But, why stop there? I know my dream is to start saving for MY dream car, which is the newest body style of the Mazda Miata, which I added a picture on a previous blog post. That is what I am saving for. That is what I'm working for. I will share my progress with you all, as the months go by. I will refrain from buying all the cute shoes I feel like I MUST have, in order to accomplish my dream and I will do it happily. I need a car of my own, anyway, I may as well go for the dream and not settle, right?! RIGHT! Do you know why? Because I am worth it! I am worth the wait and the HUSTLE. 

Do you know what? So are you. We all have dreams and goals. Let's make them into PLANS and get going with this thing we call life. What is the point if you're not living out loud? I know my second dream cannot come true for a long time, but that's okay. I am working to open a battered women's shelter. Domestic violence survivors are very near and dear to my heart and I will also be saving for that. For support. For Hope. For TRUE Love.

Until then, I am working my business and representing all the charities I find and helping as much as I can to bring awareness to ALL of the causes of the world. This month? Shemar Moore's Baby Girl line, so I can help MS research. Next will be Jared Padalecki's To Write Love On Her Arms "Never Stop Fighting" campaign. I am doing a fundraiser for Leighton's Legion's search for a CF cure.

There is no greater love than helping those who need it. And, EVERYONE needs it. I live with a mental disorder, which is a blessing and curse, depending on the day. But, I treat it as if it is a miraculous blessing EVERY day and bring awareness and support to those people of the world who are living with their own illness or are supporting someone with one.

I love people. All of them. If you love people, too, please let me know what YOU'RE doing to love on this population. There just may be a giveaway to the story that hits me the most! You never know! I want to get to know all of you. I want to celebrate this mixed up, twisted, beautiful life and share it with all of you.

Sorry if I am rambling a bit. Sometimes the love I have is just overwhelming and I have to let you know. You ALL mean EVERYTHING to me and without you, none of us would be the same! Keep on keeping on and live your life out loud! I can't wait to read your stories! Keep making the world a better place! Email your stories to me at jessica.starwalt@yahoo.com and don't forget to leave me your contact info so we can be friends!

Much Love!
Jessica Starwalt - Designer #12588973

No comments: