Monday, March 30, 2015

How Do I Start a Blog?

Q:  Jessica, I want to start a blog, but I don't know how to go about it. Where do I start?

A:  I am so glad you asked! I love to write and it comes sort of naturally to me, I suppose. Here, I write as I speak. That is not how it always goes. For a blog, though. BE YOU! Your words in your language us what will get through to people. Being yourself will be how you develop a voice and people will love that voice because it's REAL. 



It's a lot harder to write a book. Finding your voice, as the author AND not neglecting the character's voice is a lot harder. I have this blog and my other one, which speaks to other people with Mental Illness. (I have been diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder and I would LOVE to end the stigma of mental illness!) 

I have a lot of forces driving me to write in both of them. Figure out your "why" and write about what you know. Always be learning, so you can always have something to write about! 

Simple and sweet!

Any other questions? Ask away! If I don't know the answer, I will find someone who does! 

Love you all!
Jessica Starwalt - #12588973

If you are interested in my blog about my disorder, please feel free to send me a message or email and I will give you the link! 

No comments: