Wednesday, December 17, 2014

That Will Make Me A Success







This week, I have realized the real power of social media! 

I have been following the direction of my beautiful, wonderful mentor, Jill "Jilleysue" McCarthy and it has really been paying off on my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! I am making so many connections and friendships through my different blogs and I am so glad I am able to spread joy, peace and love... But, especially peace, love and understanding for those with mental illness, like I have. 

I started my Dissociative Identity Disorder blog before I started selling Origami Owl. As a matter of fact, my business started because of the Childhelp organization Origami Owl has paired with. It helps children in child abuse situations and, since my "DID" is a direct result of trauma in my own childhood, I knew this was the company for me. Boy, was I right! The gorgeous jewelry is just a HUGE PERK! I have never loved a company more. 

Now, with my amazing mentor and the gift I have been given in order to survive my past, I am able to share my story and help those with stories similar to mine. I just love people and some day, I know I am going to change this world for the better and I will try to do that very thing EVERY day. 

At this point, I am in the process of writing a book of a series of letters to "misfits" to give them hope and peace, as I have never felt as if I have fit into the crowd. It will also include some of my case file. I'm hoping I can do it justice. I have an amazing story that could help so many. That's all I really want to do. That's what will make me a success. :)

Talk to you all soon!

Jessica Starwalt

www.jstarwalt.origamiowl.com
www.jstarwalt.blogspot.com

No comments: