Sunday, September 28, 2014

Alice in Wonderland

For those of you who don't know me, or don't know me well, I LOVE Alice in Wonderland. I love the quotes and the confusion and the curiosity and the abnormal being normal and the fact that we're all a little mad sometimes. As I have said before, my husband and I are leaving the military lifestyle and are hoping to buy this beautiful house in a small town in Missouri.

It has TWO balconies, columns in the front, a weeping willow tree and a Bradford Pear tree in the front yard and a big back yard with shed and it's fenced in.... 

And, I must say... I am planning on having Mad Hatter style tea parties under the branches of that willow. And I plan to set an easel on the balcony that overlooks our front yard and paint until my heart is content. My Origami Owl office will be downstairs, white, grey and teal with pops of pink and yellow.

It has it's own dining room, so I can make meals for the people I love and have them over for fancy (and not so fancy) memory making nights. 

I will have a therapy room that is Alice themed and all the misfits I gather in my life can come there on certain days and we can have group therapy. I want tiny doors on the walls like we feel like giants and I want a giant door somewhere where we feel so small. 

In this life, if I have learned anything, it's that we're all people and we're all worth getting to know. We all have scars and we can all be healed if we just work together, instead of shutting each other out. 

So, if you're ever near and need to feel a little bigger, come see me as soon as I get my house. I will welcome you because I know what's it's like to feel a bit small. I think we all do.

And now, I'm off to design my Alice in Wonderland locket for our vendor event on October 1st.

Lots of love!
                                                           <3 Jessica


No comments: